Indie Oxford August News!
Our Indie Oxford August News is a roundup of indie news, plus great projects that are happening in Oxford and Oxfordshire. This is a new blog feature for Independent Oxford, and somewhere for independent businesses to share their news, and celebrate our great community of local indies.
These times continue to be challenging for small businesses, so we wanted to create as many ways as possible for them to be able to connect with you, as indie supporters. There are some amazing innovations and new ideas coming out of the indie community, so it’s exciting to share their news and stories of resilience through the toughest times. If we want to save small shops that add character, vibrancy and community to our villages, towns, and cities we need to take action, whether that’s with our wallets, or spreading the love through social media and word of mouth. The people that run Oxfordshire indies are our neighbours, friends and family, and they really need us all to be their cheerleaders at the moment.
We are always looking for ways to support independent businesses so please do email us with your indie stories and ideas, or share your experiences with us on Twitter and Instagram using #indieoxford.
Indie Oxford News
- 2 North Parade have fresh new Sandy Lane sweetcorn in stock, which they pick up daily to ensure the freshest cobs!
- Anna chatted to Fleur Osterjak about the Eat Out To Help Out Campaign on BBC Radio Oxford Wednesday 12th August. Listen here from 1:12 to find out more.
- Jericho Comedy launch (boom boom!) Punting Comedy LIVE at The Cherwell Boathouse on 20th August. Book your ticket here.
- L’Altre Vi have just dropped a fresh selection of delicious Catalan wines on their website, and have FREE DELIVERY in Oxford!
- Oxford City Council & The Oxford Mail launched their #rediscoverOxford campaign to encourage us all to take advantage of summer in the city without the tourists.
- Rosie will be chatting to Amy Surman on Instagram Live on Thursday 13th. Amy demonstrated how to make a Kumihimo Bracelet and chatted about how the lockdown has affected her business. Watch the episode here.
- So Sustainable have now opened their zero waste shop in Watlington! Visit Steph and her gorgeous store Wednesday to Saturday 9.30-5.30 and Sunday 10.30-2.30.
- The Oxford Artisan Distillery have started up their distillery tours again, with extra measures in place to make sure you have a safe, secure and enjoyable experience. Book online.
- Holistic Health have opened a Community Acupuncture Clinic in Didcot Civic Hall from 4-7 pm every Thursday. Find out more & book here.
- Mostly Books have a limited number of signed, stamped and numbered copies of Matt Haig’s brand new book The Midnight Library. There are only 1000 of these special edition books in circulation, exclusive to indie bookshops, so get your copy asap!
- The Sarah Wiseman Gallery launched their Late Summer Exhibition last week, which runs until 1st September. Artists include James Fotheringhame, Sarah Spackman, Clare Bonnet, Vicky Oldfield and Charlotte Cornish.