Embracing Autumn Day Retreat
Wondering how to keep yourself going as the days get darker and colder?
Feeling the need to pause and re-set after the heady days of summer?
As autumn begins, take some time out to fuel up with a restful day of mindfulness and coaching activities.
Held in a group of like-minded people in the peaceful surroundings of St Ethelwold’s House and gardens, you’ll leave feeling nourished, refreshed and inspired to embrace the new season.
Whether you’re ready for the next chapter in the year or not quite sure where to focus next, this retreat will help you to find some balance and give yourself space to take stock, as well as resource you with practical activities to take with you day to day.
Included in your ticket:
• Guided self-reflection and gratitude exercises led by Lynne Davies-Craine
• Meditation, self-compassion and gentle movement practices guided by Sally Harris
• Delicious plant-based lunch and cake from Kate at Down to Earth
• Tea, coffee and snacks available throughout
• Time to rest, relax and explore the beautiful gardens at St Ethelwold’s House
All activities will be suitable for beginners, and you won’t be expected to sit cross-legged on the floor (unless you want to!) We welcome people of all ages, genders and walks of life.
A few words about our last retreat (which was fully booked):
- ‘great teachers, great activities, great venue, great vegan food! I’d recommend to a friend and would love to join similar retreats’
- ‘without a doubt I’d recommend to a friend, you make a great double act’
- ‘biggest take away ‘having time to be curious and to be’
- ‘I think the balance between wellbeing/journaling and mindfulness practice was perfect’
About the venue
St Ethelwold’s House is a historic building by the River Thames in Abingdon. We’ll have access to their beautiful gardens as well as cosy indoor space in the Garden Room. Guest accommodation is also available if you’d like to make a weekend of it (book directly via St Ethelwold’s). Abingdon is a 20-minute drive or bus ride from Oxford and is also easily reached from London.
About your tutors
Sally Harris is an accredited mindfulness teacher with a background in mental health support work. She has been leading mindfulness courses since 2017, helping people meet life’s joys and challenges with greater presence, compassion and resilience.
Lynne Davies-Craine is a Life Coaching Practitioner who has over 10 years experience working in the NHS and charitable sectors, who is passionate about helping women create everyday lives that they don’t need to escape from.
Feel free to drop us a line to find out more about the event.