10 Ideas for Father’s Day
Our awesome indies have some great ideas to make Father’s Day gift buying super easy this year! Plus you can be sure that buying a gift from an Oxford Independent is going to be unique and a great way to treat your Dad to something a bit different this year.
We’ve got 10 inspiring ideas to give you some present guidance, as we all know a pair of socks just ain’t going to cut it!
- The Jericho Kitchen Cookery School – treat your Dad to a cookery experience in the heart of the South Oxfordshire countryside. Choose from bread making, Indian street food, sushi, tapas and a whole lot more besides.
- Objects of Use – this lovely shop in the heart of Oxford is a cornucopia of beautifully made useful objects. Find kitchen accessories, stationery and a whole room of garden tools. A great place to pick up a gift for Dad’s who really appreciate great craftsmanship.
- Jericho Cheese Company – Adam Verlander set up his shop on Little Clarendon Street last year and it is a treasure trove of English Cheeses. Treat the cheese lover in your life to a selection of fine cheeses.
- Sanders of Oxford – find beautiful prints of Oxford as well as modern print designers, and oodles of flora and fauna pieces for the nature buff.
- Ultimate Picture Palace – if your Dad is partial to a movie or two, how about treating him to membership at Oxford’s only independent cinema!
- Burrows & Hare – this gem in the Covered Market is a great shout for style conscious Dads. Find gorgeous attire and accessories, including their own branded lines, plus they stock Molecule fragrances alongside beard grooming kits and unusual toiletries.
- The Missing Bean Roastery – if your Dad is partial to a hit of caffeine, treat him to some delicious beans roasted in Oxford. The Missing Bean roasts a whole range of different coffee from around the world so talk to the team about flavours to get the perfect gift. They also sell a great range of coffee making equipment so you can even make up a coffee gift set.
- A Rosie Life – I’ve rounded up some of my favourite pieces from my own Oxford indie in this blog. There are some awesomely unique pieces in store so hop on over to the website and have an explore!
- Thirsty Meeples – why not book a table and spend some family time with your Dad over a game or too. Meeples have a huge range of games and their staff are trained to guide you through the rules of all of them. You can also buy games to take home too.
- Next To Nothing – if you’re looking for something with a bit of humour, check out Next To Nothing’s range of wit and wisdom T Shirts.
I hope you find some useful ideas here and get inspired to shop indie this Father’s Day. If you want to check out all our indie Oxford members, you can find them in the directory here.
Love, Rosie xxx