Introduction to Weaving Workshop (Adults)- Group Workshop
If you’ve even wanted to learn to weave, but never had the opportunity, then join our Intro to Weaving workshop to learn the basics of weaving by weaving a wall-hanging in our 4 hour workshop!
Skill Level: Beginner
What will I learn?
Using a frame loom you will set up your first warp and learn basic, contemporary tapestry weaving and classic hand-weaving techniques including Plain Weave, Soumak, Rya Knots, Rya Loops, Twills and Hop Sack. You will then experiment with a variety of yarns and materials from your Yarn Starter Pack in your chosen colour palette, as well as choosing from our selection of over 400+ yarns in the studio to weave your own personal wall hanging. We will then demonstrate how to tidy up your loose ends, insert your wooding hanging rod and remove your wall-hanging from your loom.
What do I need for the workshop?
Each student will be given everything they need to create their own woven wall-hanging for the workshop. We will provide you with your own Basic Weaving Kit from our Classic collection, which includes a solid beech frame loom of our own design, a set of 6 weaving tools, your choice of Yarn Starter Pack and a hanging rod, all of which are yours to keep. We also include a Tote Bag for you to hold it all in!
You will also have use of our scissors, crochet hooks, tapestry needles and any extra fibres or materials from the studio on the day.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop would suit those new to weaving and looking to learn a new craft skill. This is both an introduction to weaving as you learn all the basics, so it would suit someone interested getting started with weaving. But it is also a project oriented workshop as you will come a way with your own woven wall-hanging, so suitable for friend and family looking for a fun activity to do on an afternoon.
The workshop is designed to be fun and engaging with the opportunity to express yourself while learning at your own pace. Typical class sizes hold a maximum of 6 students so you will have plenty of individual attention.
- 4 hours tuition
- Basic Weaving Kit: Classic Collection (Beech Loom & 6-piece tool set)
- Small Yarn Starter Pack
- A tote bag that fits the loom, tools & yarn
- 24-Page Introduction to Weaving E-Book
- Refreshments (tea, coffee & biscuits)
- Guaranteed fibre fun in a relaxed environment!
What’s not included:
- Lunch (please bring your own or you can purchase something from the Deli across from the studio)
** BOOK OUR INTERMEDIATE WEAVING WORKSHOP AT THE SAME TIME AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT OFF BOTH WORKSHOPS**
* Our weaving workshops will resume in April following current government guidelines at the time. The studio has been adapted to accommodate social distancing and all efforts will be made to ensure everyone’s safety under the new circumstances. To find out more about our preparations for our clubs, please visit our FAQs page.