5 Festival Ideas
Today the gates of Glastonbury Festival open to hoards of excited revellers, ready to taste a little bit of escapism at Worthy Farm, in the heart of Somerset. Festivals have become a mainstay of the great British summer, and Oxfordshire has it’s fair share of summertime festivities. Sadly Cornbury holds it’s farewell festival this year, however Truck Festival, Wilderness and newcomer Common People pull big names acts to the county.
So once you’ve bought your ticket, where should you head to stock up on festival essentials and a spot of festival style? Well, here’s our top 5 indie places to visit to help prepare yourself for a summer of fun.
- Boswells – find a whole host of essentials from luggage to mosquito spray, sun tan lotion to inflatable pillows.
- Rainbow & Spoon – bright and colourful summer styles to create a festival outfit perfect for celebrating the final Cornbury Festival in Great Tew.
- The Hat Box – whether you’re looking for something extra special for a Henley Regatta, or a great sun hat, explore Gillian’s gorgeous little shop packed full of hats to fit a wide range of tastes and budgets.
- The Basket Room – add some festival chic to your outfit with ones of The Basket Rooms beautiful Basket Bags. Perfect for stashing all your festival essentials.
- Two Foot Nothing – don’t forget the kids! Kate stocks a wonderful range of kids clothes and accessories including super cute tutus, colourful baby grows, and summer outfits for boys and girls.
Whether you’re heading to one of the big festivals this summer, or your local get together, have a wonderful time and don’t forget to tell us all about your local festival experiences using our hashtag #indieoxford!
Love, Rosie xxx
Pin this post to Pinterest: