10 Independent Oxford Ideas For Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us and if you’re short on ideas for your other half or fave gal pal, then listen up! Here are 10 indie ideas that will get you brownie points with your loved ones, and indie businesses doing a little happy dance – it’s a win win!
- Wicked Chocolate – Check out Graham and Jen’s gorgeous shop in The Covered Market, full of delicious chocolates including Prestat, Charbonnel et Walker and Montezuma’s, plus grab yourself a gelato to go. All their gelato is made fresh on the premises and they have an ever changing selection with seasonal additions.
- Aspire – Find beautiful gifts and clothing in their High Street store, perfect for getting Valentine’s ready this weekend.
- Turl Street Kitchen – Indulge in a delicious meal at TSK. Choose from oysters, smoked salmon, Sandy Lane pork belly or even share a whole baked sea bream. Yum!
- The Garden – The florist in the heart of The Covered Market is the perfect place to treat your valentine. They always have a fantastic selection of blooms and source UK grown flowers too, so you can buy without the air miles.
- Burrows & Hare – Junaid and his team have made buying for men so much easier in Oxford. Choose from a massive selection of grooming products right up to their UK made own brand clothing. Find their store in The Covered Market or the Westgate.
- Payne & Son – This family run business has been on the High Street for centuries and is perfect for those planning to propose this V day.
- Babylon Trading – Check out this High Street store for everything you need to make your home fit for a Valentine’s Day night in.
- Nothing – Suzie & Harriet have really modernised the jewellery collection at Nothing over the last year, bringing in loads of awesome UK designers. Check out their Covered Market shop for quirky gifts for your galentine.
- Podarok – Check out this High Street indie for loads of awesome Valentine’s Day gifts – look at those windows!
- Broad Canvas – If you’re looking to get creative with your Valentine’s gift this year, Broad Canvas on Broad Street have all you need to create your own.
If you need some more inspiration, check out our Valentine’s Day blog post from last year for even more local indies to help you spread the love this year.
Happy Valentine’s & Galentine’s Day to you all!
Love, Rosie xxx